Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Take on The Healthy Choices Act

Please read my prior post before this one

Today is a hard day. And the information I have become aware of makes me want to run and hide. But when something is not right I must speak out.

When our children are sick we take them to the doctor. The first thing Doctors and nurses do is weigh and measure our children and take there temperature? This is to help them identify and diagnose any abnormalities or something that may alert them to what may be wrong with our child. If there is a noticeable or alarming change they proceed with further testing. This is standard procedure and is why doctors take and keep medical history's. It is a vital part of patient care. As a parent I would never want to refuse my child of this basic tool to help insure there health.

This month new legislation has been presented to the floor that violates patient /doctor confidentiality. It makes me hesitant to take my child to the doctor and to have there height and weight taken. My child's private information will be required by law to be submitted to the government each time they are weighed by the doctor. The only way they don't get the information is if I don't take my children to the doctor and I refuse to allow the doctor to weigh and measure them. Let me ask myself, am I willing to not take my children to the doctor in time a of need or have them weighed as a basic tool for there health history and to help diagnose any problems just so I can protect privacy and freedom? Probably not. Our government officials know this. I will be forced to give this information to the government if I want my child to be seen by a doctor. Let me add that Doctors will not be willing to treat a child if they can not obtain all the information they need to properly diagnose them. It is a matter of liability for them. This is not my definition of freedom. Is it yours? Are we as parents being forced to hand over our children's rights to privacy for anyone else's power grab?


What is your rights to privacy and freedom? What does this bill really allow? The government believes that it is there responsibility to determine when and how my children should be raised. They have determined that I am a "busy American family" (or stupid) to do it myself and they know best.

The first lady has taken it upon herself to champion the cause of childhood obesity. This is a noble endeavor and important but, she has crossed the line of propriety. May I ask when did Michelle Obama become the mother of my children and how does she determine what is best for them?

I would like to ask her why she believes that she is entitled to my child's information. I would like to ask her what will be done with that information when it is received and why it is any of her business to be part of a private sensitive family matters.

My prediction and gut tells me that the information collected will be used to regulate what is being presented to me. What options will I have as a parent. We I be given all the choices and information or just the ones deemed appropriate by some regulator. Right now the government is also trying to force restaurants to only offer what they deem as correct choices in there industry. These companies are not allowed to choose how and what they will advertise in order to grow there business and entice people to be there patrons. If someone has a great idea to advance there business and it does not fall under the lines of the government regulation they will be punished. How may you ask will they be punished. By grants and the endorsement of there competition. This leads to business closing the doors because they can not compete if they do not comply. I am against this type of information collecting. It is intrusive and inappropriate. The door is being opened for total control by the government and they are exploiting American Families and Buisnesses to do it.


Please look into The Healthy Choices Act for yourself and your family and your neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment